Invest Aurora is a 501c3 public/private economic development partnership dedicated to expanding economic opportunities in Aurora and developing a sustainable community for Aurora residents and businesses. Established in 2005, Invest Aurora is a key partner to the City of Aurora to increase Aurora’s economic vitality by marketing, outreach, research and data collection in partnership with the Mayor’s office of Economic Development.
Invest Aurora takes an active role in community and regional trade organizations implementing their outreach program to several hundred prospects per quarter. Invest Aurora is focused on business retention as well by visiting approximately 100 existing businesses annually. Sourcing and addressing key challenges for existing businesses is an important role for Invest Aurora in sustaining the strong business climate of the community. Also the marketing of the City and its assets to both the existing business community and potential business prospects is a role and responsibility taken on by Invest Aurora.
The primary responsibility for this position is the planning and execution of Invest Aurora’s business retention programming and is the primary liaison to the business community, chamber(s) of commerce and economic development partners in furthering the organization’s economic development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as business liaison in community and outside agencies.
- Generates reports for marketing and business attraction and retention purposes.
- Assists with the response to RFP’s, RFI’s, and other inquiries for new and expanding businesses through external and in-house databases.
- Collaborates with economic development and community partners for business recruitment and expansion initiatives, and workforce development events.
- Serves as a key customer service representative in assisting new and expanding businesses in meeting City of Aurora’s development process.
- Creates and manages databases associated with grants, job creation, and public/private investment.
- Serves on various community, government, and economic development committees.
- Builds relationships with community leaders, businesses, and economic development partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning, economic development, public or business administration, marketing, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in an economic development, business attraction and/or development research, community development planning, or a related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; excellent interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to be innovative to develop new and unique ways to create new business opportunities for the City;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, members of the public, and coworkers;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Effective leadership skills and ability to positively influence others;
- Experience using Synchronist Suite is preferred, but not required;
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year