Greater Aurora Community Navigator
The Small Business Community Navigators Program, funded through the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, is a targeted support program for small businesses in the State of Illinois. The program targets statistically underserved businesses including minority, rural, veteran and women-owned, who often have difficulty becoming aware of and accessing available support resources.
Partners of the Greater Aurora Community Navigator program, such as Invest Aurora, will perform intensive outreach to Aurora area small and hard-to-reach businesses to inform owners of available Federal and local economic relief funds. Additionally, navigators will provide 1-on-1 technical assistance to support businesses in understanding how to access relief.
Financial Relief Programs
Back To Business (B2B) Grant
The $250 million funded Back to Business (B2B) recovery Grant from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity will provide small businesses throughout Illinois with funding to support your recovery from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Grant funding may be used to help offset operational losses, to bring back staff, and to cover a number of eligible costs associated with reopening your business in the midst of the pandemic.
- Businesses with a 2019 gross revenue lesser than $20 who experienced a reduction in 2020 revenue due to COVID-19
- Businesses within Disproportionately Advantaged (DIA) Zip Codes:
- 60505 & 60506
- Hardest-Hit, Priority Industries including but not limited to:
- Restaurants and Bars
- Retail Establishments
- Dry-Cleaning and Laundry
- Home Health Care
- Child Care
NEED TO KNOW:
- $250 Million in total funding available
- Must have filed 2019 and 2020 taxes
- Funding priority will be given to:
- businesses operating within DIA’s
- Priority industries
- Businesses which have not yet qualified for state or federal funding
- Businesses with less than a $5M, 2019 gross revenue
- Grants will range from $5,000 to $150,000
We're Here to Help!
City of Aurora – Business Registration
In order to promote the safety and well-being of all city residents, as well as city businesses and their patrons, and to aid the efforts of law enforcement, fire personnel, and other first responders in the event of an emergency, all entities conducting business activities in the city must register with the city.
Business owners interested in applying for a CERF grant must be registered before submitting the application.
Click below to complete the free, online registration process through theCity of Aurora’s eTRAKiT portal.