Aurora Municipal Airport
Aurora Municipal Airport is a full service corporate aircraft facility, situated just outside the Class B airspace for O’Hare International Airport. It boasts direct tollway access and is just eight miles west of downtown Aurora. Minutes from aurora’s major business parks and the I-88 Tech Corridor, Aurora Municipal Airport is open 24 hours a day to serve growing business needs and averages 450 flights daily.
FLTPlan ranked J.A. Air Center, the fixed-base operator (FBO) serving Aurora Municipal Airport, among the top 3 FBOs in the East Central region for their Pilots’ Choice Awards.
About the Aurora Municipal Airport
- On-site FAA control tower
- Open 24/7/365
- Aurora Airport to I-88 Tech Corridor - 1 stoplight, 15 miles, 16 minutes as opposed to Dupage Airport to I-88 Tech Corridor - 12 stoplights, 10 miles, 23 minutes
- 450 flights daily
- Runways include a major 6,500 foot runway and a 5,500 foot crosswind runway suitable for most types of turbine aircraft
- Direct access to I-88
- Boeing BBJ and Gulfstream V capable runway
- No landing or ramp fees
- 40 minutes to Chicago, 30 minutes to Oakbrook