Vision 60504 Overview
What: Vision 60504 is a partnership created to bring a hands-on learning experience to high school business marketing students. Students will work in teams to research, design and develop a marketing plan to attract retailers, developers and entertainment options to Fox Valley Shopping Center. This plan will help ensure the area’s continued profitability and success.
Who: Under the supervision of business marketing teachers, students from Metea Valley High School, Neuqua Valley High School and Waubonsie Valley High School will partner with the City of Aurora, Invest Aurora – Aurora’s Economic Development Partnership, Fox Valley Shopping Center, Buxton and Retail LeaseTrac.
Where: Fox Valley Shopping Center and surrounding area.
- October 27, 2015 – Kick-Off Event at Fox Valley Shopping Center
- November 3-4, 2015 – Informational Presentations
- December 14-18, 2015 – Project Winners from Each Class Selected
- January 4-8, 2016 – Project Winners from Each School Selected
- February 1-12, 2016 – School Project Winners Present to City officials, Invest Aurora staff, Chamber of Commerce partners, and Fox Valley staff.
- February 23, 2016 – Finalists and Winners Honored at City Hall
How: Students will conduct market research and create marketing materials to attract retailers, entertainment venues and restaurants to the area. Teachers across the high schools will work collaboratively to align curriculum, course outcomes, assessments and instruction.
Why: Bringing the city, schools and business community together provides expanded learning opportunities for students, staff development/collaboration and positive outcomes for the community.